#1 Patrick Lawrence

Patrick Lawrence

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:52 AM

Hello I was hoping I could get some feedback on the editing etc of my first short/teaser. The reason I say editing is becouse really most of the shots were not mine but are stock shots. So this is more of an excersize in video editing and and sound editing. And also of course greating a consistant look and feel. Also their are plans to narrate the short but I am still trying to work out a deal with the pro voice over artist I want to use. You can see a low res version at . Later I will try to get a high res version uploaded.

Also if any one is interested I do not have a site up yet for the video work but you can see my illustration and still photography at http://www.pwlawrence.com/

#2 Mark Williams

Mark Williams
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Director
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:11 AM

Powerful Majestic Music.. The images are a depiction of what Man thinks it could have looked like or does and this is being shown as evidence of the wonder beauty and power of god? Powerful Music combined with great artistic interpretations and the Bible references make this an untruthful attempt at persuading people to join up.. I think there should be some kind of warning this is an artistic representation only...

The Images are very nice though!

#3 Patrick Lawrence

Patrick Lawrence

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:34 AM

Glad you like the music and images. I tried very hard to get a majestic type look and sound. Not very easy with no real budget:) Also I asume the editing of the music and video was OK? As I said this is the first time I have really done any editing.

As for the object it is to show the power of God etc. But really thats not so much what I wanted feedback on. Mainly becouse it comes down to this. If you area Christian more than likely you will go wow I like that and if you are an athiest you will go wow what terrible propaganda. But both can give me an idea if the editing and look are ok:)

Edited by Patrick Lawrence, 16 September 2006 - 03:38 AM.

#4 Zamir Merali

Zamir Merali
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Director

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:00 PM

I liked it, the editting was pretty good and went well with the music, I don't know if it was just the you tube jumpiness but some of the cuts seemed a bit jumpy. If you use a really small dissolve, like one frame then it make a subliminal effect that makes the cuts blend together better, while still seeming like a cut.

#5 Patrick Lawrence

Patrick Lawrence

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:29 PM

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the tip on the cuts. I didnt use any that were only one or two frames. But I will go back and try it now:)

I liked it, the editting was pretty good and went well with the music, I don't know if it was just the you tube jumpiness but some of the cuts seemed a bit jumpy. If you use a really small dissolve, like one frame then it make a subliminal effect that makes the cuts blend together better, while still seeming like a cut.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post