Even though I wasn't born until twenty years later, I am very fond of the sixties. I love the way music sounded back then - not overproduced and flat-sounding like much of the music today, and I love to watch footage from this decade - the way people dressed, the cars, the furniture, everything. Nostalgia, maybe, but old love doesn't always fade away. At least, it doesn't have to. And that's where you people come in!
I guess quite a few of you might be in possession of super 8/8mm footage from the sixties. What I would like to try organize is the following:
1. Have as many people as possible, from as many countries as possible, send me daily life footage from the sixties.
2. The footage would have to be sent to me in dv-format or via the internet.
3. The purpose will be to show daily life footage from the sixties from countries all over the world.
4. When I get the footage, i will edit a non-commercial film of it, available to members of this forum.
6. Those of you that sent me dv-tapes will on request receive the tape(s) back with a dv- or dvd-version of the film included.
7. If there should be a great interest for this project, we might split the footage into different categories, such as daily life, hobbies, cars, saturday night and so on.
Now, wouldn't that be fun?
I am posting this to see if there is a interest for the idea. If there is, please post your responses/suggestions on to how to make this project a reality. I'm also interested in knowing about possible problems that might occur regarding "law and order" when organising such a project, as I guess all participants would have to sign some sort of agreement. Any suggestions?
Hopefull saturday evening regards,
Bjarne Eldhuset, Oslo, Norway.
Edited by Bjarne Eldhuset, 16 September 2006 - 01:38 PM.