#1 John Adolfi

John Adolfi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Producer
  • Fulton, N.Y.

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:37 PM

A gal who I have taken my Super-8 to in the past at Walmart did some checking on the possibility of processing the T64 movie film. She asked the corporate if Walmart would process E-6 super-8 film. They said ,"Yes"! That's all I have for now. Next step is to shoot some and see if it really works and they charge me $4.88 plus tax.

#2 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:50 PM

A gal who I have taken my Super-8 to in the past at Walmart did some checking on the possibility of processing the T64 movie film. She asked the corporate if Walmart would process E-6 super-8 film. They said ,"Yes"! That's all I have for now. Next step is to shoot some and see if it really works and they charge me $4.88 plus tax.

You kidding? This gives me some incentive to stick with Ekta 64T.

#3 Marco Van

Marco Van
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Student

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:22 AM

just a question, how do i drop my super 8 cartridges at walmart? do i have to talk to one of the employees?

#4 John Adolfi

John Adolfi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Producer
  • Fulton, N.Y.

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:52 AM

Here's how I'm going to do it as I have in the past. First talk to one of the employees perferably the assistant manager or manager letting them understand what you are doing. After you fill out the Walmart photo drop box envelope write out at the bottom of it what is inside, "Super-8 movie film e-6 processing" Give it to the girl or place in drop box and pray.

#5 Bjarne Eldhuset

Bjarne Eldhuset
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Student

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:12 AM

I'll sure be following this thread from here in Norway. 1 roll of E64T costs about 34 USD without processing here in, so if Walmart still does this, I guess I have to find me a Billy over the ocean who will deliver the films to wall mart for me :-)

#6 P.W. Shelton

P.W. Shelton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Director
  • Austin,Tx.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:48 AM

Hi,
I used to work for Wal-mart in the electronics department and I DID develop some K40 last year. The film is sent to Dwayne's in Kansas. It really does work! My experience was to just fill in the special instructions box at the bottom of the sendout form stating "super 8 film" then the specific developing process,either K40 or E-6. The photo employees didn't seem to know about this service, so I just filled out the instructions and waited. The special pick up service took care of the rest. It took about a week. Just make sure you DO NOT fill out a one hour developing envelope. Goodluck!

Edited by P.W. Shelton, 24 September 2006 - 12:52 AM.

#7 robbie Land

robbie Land
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:11 AM

walmart sends films to Dwayne's in Kansas. Dwayne's does process the 64T Ektachrome. so, just drop by the store and drop off in envelope as you would any film to be processed, but very good idea to place in "special instructions" that it is 8mm film to be sent out for PROCESSING.

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Opal

CineTape

Glidecam

The Slider