#1 chris hoag

chris hoag
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Student
  • Chricago

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

i understand kodak stopped making it a couple years ago but i was wondering if anyone knew if theres anywhere you can still get it. if not does anyone know if there is another stock thats a suitable replacement? I shot my film on reversal and edited the camera original so now i have a positive that i need to print. thanks.

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

if not does anyone know if there is another stock thats a suitable replacement? I shot my film on reversal and edited the camera original so now i have a positive that i need to print. thanks.

My understanding is that the recomended work flow is to make an internegative from your positive original, and then print like any other negative. You may have to use optical printing to get the emuslion on the right sideof the negative so that you can make contact prints.

With some luck, your internegative can have all needed timing included, so the prints can be run with one light.

#3 Brian Pritchard

Brian Pritchard
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Other
  • Stoke-on-Trent, UK

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:41 AM

i understand kodak stopped making it a couple years ago but i was wondering if anyone knew if theres anywhere you can still get it. if not does anyone know if there is another stock thats a suitable replacement? I shot my film on reversal and edited the camera original so now i have a positive that i need to print. thanks.

You could try 7203 B/W Pos although it will probalby been rather high contrast. You could also try 7366 F G duplicating positive if you can lay your hands on some. It is worth trying any B/W stock including B/W Dupe negative stock 7234. I assume you are processing the reversal yourself.
The stock numbers I have quoted are acetate, you can, of course, use the poyester equivalents - whatever you can get hold of.
Brian

#4 Clive Tobin

Clive Tobin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:42 PM

In the absence of any remaining 7361 the lab can make prints on flashed or flattened Plus-X Reversal.

Trying to print on 7302 or 7234 with reversal processing is a waste of time and will not give tolerable results.

You can make a B&W internegative on 7234 and positive prints from it on 7302. Optical printing is not necessary or desirable at the internegative stage. There is no problem with making prints that have original or "B Wind" emulsion position, in fact when many 16mm projectors were manufactured this was the standard product and some older projectors have the sound focus optimized for B Wind prints.

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Opal

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine