Simon Walsh

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

Hi all,

I know I should really test this but as always budget won't allow it and was hoping someone had done it before me.

I'm shooting a short student film in about 3 weeks on S16 using mostly 7218 and 7217. Most of it takes place at night (the reason for the high speed stock) and I'm working out my lighting designs at the moment. My question (one of many I'm sure) is that will a daylight balanced kino look far too blue on tungsten film. I'm probably going to be using it for general fill to simulate a subtle and soft cold moonlight. I've done it before on Video and it looked great but was wondering how well it will come up on 500T.

I really liked the look I got from the video shoot and want to stay away from tungsten with blue gels if possible because it always seems to end up looking like I've put blue gels on something (that and I lose exposure). I'm hoping it isn't too strong to cancel out any of my more orange tungsten light (there are a lot of orange gels and orange lamp shades in the scene). Guess I just want to know what to expect and what precautions I should take?

Well that was a mouth full. Help appreciated. I'm using a KinoFlo 4 bank DivaLite if that helps so it shouldn't be too huge.

Regards,

Simon Walsh

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

CineLab