Photo

DVX100B problem! Green cast & pixel noise.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sergio

Sergio

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hi all,

I have run into a problem with my camera. I fear it is a CCD issue, please let me know if anyone has had this similar problem.

Posted Image
Posted Image

As you can see, the whole image is a green cast, and in the dark areas there is black pixel noise. I have checked all the menus and reset them to original factory settings. I need this camera for a shoot next week, but think I may have to take it in for servicing. The problem happened after a new tape was inserted, the camera was turned on and it looked like this. As far as I know the user never dropped it or miss handled it.

Does anyone know what may be up with it?

#2 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11939 posts
  • Other

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:50 PM

Hi,

Well, if it's doing it on colour bars, it's not going to be a CCD issue, because the colour bars aren't generated by the CCDs!

Whatever's wrong with it, nobody's going to be able to fix it without the right tools and jigs and the places that have those are going to be Panasonic service centres. Send it off and stand by for an eyewatering bill.

Phil

#3 Sergio

Sergio

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:55 PM

Hi,

Well, if it's doing it on colour bars, it's not going to be a CCD issue, because the colour bars aren't generated by the CCDs!

Whatever's wrong with it, nobody's going to be able to fix it without the right tools and jigs and the places that have those are going to be Panasonic service centres. Send it off and stand by for an eyewatering bill.

Phil

Uggg.... are these the ones listed on the panasonic site? or are there other repair centers that are not listed on the site which may also be able to do this?

#4 andybiz_2005

andybiz_2005

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:30 AM

I believe the problem is not with the CCDs, but with the mainboard in your DVX. It could be a serious problem with the board, so you might want to take it in immediately to have it checked by authorized Panny service center.

Andrew

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine