No replies to this topic

#1 Gavin Greenwalt

Gavin Greenwalt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Other

Posted 07 October 2006 - 06:37 PM

I'm shooting a spec commercial this spring as a chance to experiment with some new workflows. Right now I'm trying to decide on the camera. I've decided on HD for sure either through a S16 telecine or else straight to HD through an F900 to HDCAM.

Does anyone know of a site that hosts comparison uncompressed frame grabs from both sources? Almost all of my shooting is going to be exterior except for some possible green screen stage shots which I'll probably just shoot with an HVX turned on its side.

Also any personal experience having shot sunsets with both HD and S16? Workflow problems? I'm really interested in any experience people have had working with both systems, both from an image standpoint but also a cost stand point.

Thanks, and I'm sorry that I'm asking for a film vs HD debate, but that's really what I need. I love the clean look of HD but I also love the look of film as well (I'm still shoot all of my still photography on 35mm). I would probably shoot on a pretty slow S16 stock, but if people have examples of various stocks filmed and scanned at HD or 2k I would really appreciate it to make a more informed decision.

Edited by Gavin Greenwalt, 07 October 2006 - 06:42 PM.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Abel Cine