#1 Scott Bullock

Scott Bullock
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Other
  • Denver, CO

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:07 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has ever ordered any equipment from Super8 Camera Shop?

I ordered some equipment from them and was told it would take 1 - 2 weeks to arrive. However, it's now been 4 weeks since I placed the order and my package still hasn't arrived.

Is it possible that this guy just has an unrealistic expectation with regard to worldwide shipping (the company is in Germany), or is my stuff lost in the mail somewhere?

Any advice, opinions, experiences? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Glenn Brady

Glenn Brady
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

I've placed two orders with Super 8 Camera Shop with no problems. A light parcel arrived in the USA in two weeks, but a heavier parcel shipped by surface mail required six weeks. Both items were as described.

#3 Scott Bullock

Scott Bullock
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Other
  • Denver, CO

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

Hi Glenn;

Did he tell you that the heavier parcel was going to take 6 weeks to arrive? In other words, were the shipping estimates posted on his website accurate? I'm just not sure if I should have him file a claim or not, or if I should wait another week or two.

Thanks for the response.

#4 Victor Mejia

Victor Mejia
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:44 PM

I've bought two cameras from them and had a great experience both times. Yes, the items took about a week or so longer than they claimed but no big deal. The cameras were exactly as advertised on their website; they were in great condition, functioning, and warrantied. Plus they were packaged nicely--plenty of cushioning. I have no complaints. In fact, I'm thinking of buying one of their editor/viewers now.
Victor

#5 Glenn Brady

Glenn Brady
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:16 AM

Hi, Scott. As I recall, I wasn't advised by the Super 8 Camera Shop that my second parcel was sent by a different means than the first and, as such, would take three times longer to arrive. I wouldn't be too concerned unless six weeks passes and you've still not received your merchandise. So far, I've not lost any packages that I've shipped or that have been shipped to me internationally (although a Nikon AP-2 panoramic head that I sent to a buyer in the Netherlands was held up in customs there for about a month).

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Rig Wheels Passport