#1 David Calson

David Calson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Other
  • Georgia

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

Hi, so I exported these video files as quicktime movs. They play smooth on my comp. I then burn them to DVD. They play for a few seconds than stutter to a stop then stutter/skip through the timeline. I play it on different comps with the same results. I re-burn with different discs and get the same results. I play past quicktime discs that I have made and it runs smoothly. I open the corrupted movs on different players and get the same crappy results. I use premiere pro 1.5 with sorenson 3 compression. This workflow has never let me down and even the finished exported files look great...until I put them on a disc. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:52 AM

Hi, so I exported these video files as quicktime movs. They play smooth on my comp. I then burn them to DVD. They play for a few seconds than stutter to a stop then stutter/skip through the timeline. I play it on different comps with the same results. I re-burn with different discs and get the same results. I play past quicktime discs that I have made and it runs smoothly. I open the corrupted movs on different players and get the same crappy results. I use premiere pro 1.5 with sorenson 3 compression. This workflow has never let me down and even the finished exported files look great...until I put them on a disc. Any ideas? Thanks.

i assume from this that you are burning the qt onto the dvd as data rather that a dvd encode. in which case the simple fact is that the computers cant 'stream' the qt's quickly enough for playback. either make data dvds with qt of a very low bitrate or burn encoded dvds for viewing.

keith

#3 Bernhard Zitz

Bernhard Zitz
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Other
  • Z├╝rich, Switzerland

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:26 AM

If you don't play it off harddisk I'd make proper Video-DVD's that play on any DVD-Player...

#4 David Calson

David Calson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Other
  • Georgia

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:29 AM

very good answers thanks guys. So my dvd rom isn't fast enought to stream? So that means its just a problem with the computer not anything defective with the actual disc?

#5 Marek Stricek

Marek Stricek
  • Sustaining Members
  • 23 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

very good answers thanks guys. So my dvd rom isn't fast enought to stream? So that means its just a problem with the computer not anything defective with the actual disc?

you can check if the mov files on the DVD are OK by simply copying them from DVD back to the harddrive and then play them from harddrive - if the copying procedure went smoothly and the files play OK from harddrive then the DVD ROM is not fast enough

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets