#1 Ryan McMackin

Ryan McMackin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Student
  • Seattle

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:31 AM

Last night I shot a registration test with an SR3. This was the first time I've done this and the first time I've encountered the need to rewind a magazine. Unable to find any specific instructions on how to do this I just went for it and I encountered problems.

On the first attempt (at rewinding) I put the mag in the changing tent, released the film from the guides in the magazine throat, opened the feed side and slowly rotated the spool clock-wise pulling the film back into that side of the magazine. The loop size never changed and after awhile the film came taught. Assuming I had successfully rewound all of the exposed film I pulled the magazine out of the tent and opened the take-up side to make sure all was good. To my disappointment there was still 20+ feet of film on the core and it seemed as though the film had flipped on the core! As if I had threaded the film the wrong way (counter clock-wise) onto the core. I have no idea how this could happen, keep in mind I never opened that side of the magazine while it was in the tent.

My second attempt involved removing the core and exposed film from the take-up side whilst rewinding?that was a disaster.

On my third attempt, I was successful. I just kept my hand on the exposed film in the take up side the entire time. Though, the same "flip" occured near the end of the process!?

If anyone knows of an easier/better way to do this, I would love to know. Also, please tell me if there is something I was doing wrong or missing here, I am still perplexed by the films apparent change of direction!

Thanks.

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Metropolis Post

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Willys Widgets