Jamie McIntyre
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Student
  • Los Angeles / Reading, UK

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:41 AM

Hi,

I'm Jamie I'm 18, from England and in film school in LA. Im fairly new here and i have been browsing some posts and it looks like this is a good forum to chat and glean much needed information to help me suceed in this cut throat industry.

Right, I'm DP'ing a small project in film school. We are using a Canon XL-1, basic lighting, basic grip etc etc. I need to create a firelight effect in a small, quaint victorian room which will fill two actors. I was told to use some Kino Flo's for the daylight but i'm not too sure. I need to recreate daylight in a way so it looks like two characters are dining in a cafe. It will be shot on an interior stage.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jamie.

#2 janusz sikora

janusz sikora
  • Sustaining Members
  • 82 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:26 AM

Hi,

I'm Jamie I'm 18, from England and in film school in LA. Im fairly new here and i have been browsing some posts and it looks like this is a good forum to chat and glean much needed information to help me suceed in this cut throat industry.

Right, I'm DP'ing a small project in film school. We are using a Canon XL-1, basic lighting, basic grip etc etc. I need to create a firelight effect in a small, quaint victorian room which will fill two actors. I was told to use some Kino Flo's for the daylight but i'm not too sure. I need to recreate daylight in a way so it looks like two characters are dining in a cafe. It will be shot on an interior stage.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jamie.

Just bounce some lights off the white walls to create abiance. Dtermine about the value of this ambiance level when looking at through viewfinder and adjusting F-Stop. Lock this F-Stop. From off camera position direct a focusing spot fresnell with an amber gel on it to simulate a fireplace light. You can wave some strips of the same gel in front of it to create a flicker effect.
janusz
:o

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Technodolly

Opal

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport