#1 Zak Forsman

Zak Forsman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Director
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:19 AM

I will be producing and directing another feature in May/June of 2007 and am currently auditioning DP reels. as with my current feature, White Knuckles, the plan is to shoot this highly collaborative, improvisational endeavor on a single Panasonic HVX200 with a 35mm lens adapter.

visually speaking, my personal aesthetic is to convey a humanistic, realistic drama infused with a transcendental dimension. the more naturalistic elements are best represented visually (in my mind) with handheld camerawork exhibiting a narrow depth of field. then, puncuated with slow motion, timelapse, or other flourishes to express and reveal the more transcendent aspects of the unfolding drama; aspects that normally lie beyond the perception of human experience.

the reality of our ultra low budget HD production is that the cast and crew will largely work for minimal pay. in the past, we've had no problem building a crew of hungry, young, aspiring filmmakers looking to be a part of something meaningful ? a project that fosters a deep collaborative spirit between all artists involved. the hope is that you will come to this project from a place of sharing and creative spirit ? as this will be an open and collaborative experience for us all.

what i'm seeking in a director of photography is someone eager to collaborate (probably moreso than you're used to) on the visual telling of this story. because once you and I nail down the method and motivations behind use of color, luminosity, and composition, i will put the responsibility of execution in your hands so i can concentrate on guiding the actors thru their performances.

this as of yet untitled HD feature will follow in the spirit of such films as Breaking the Waves, Lilya 4-Ever, George Washington, The Double Life of Véronique, Rosetta and The Son. as well as the cumulative works of Hou Hsiao Hsien, Jean Pierre & Luc Dardenne, and Béla Tarr.

again, everything is tentative at this point. but expect a four week shoot in Los Angeles, with 8 hour days for cast, 10 hour days for crew, meals and pay. please send your reel/resume to:

Zak Forsman
c/o Sabi Pictures
6399 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 514
Los Angeles, CA 90036

and/or to: zak@sabipictures.com

thanks you!

Edited by Zak Forsman, 16 October 2006 - 05:24 AM.

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

CineTape