Gustaf Kirbic

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:08 AM

Hi,

I intent to start studying in U.S.A, but I have already enrolled in two different colleges in my country (one year each). Problem is, that I had applied to these schools only to profit from various benefits, like free health insurance etc., because here, college doesn't cost nothing. I had never visited any lectures and hadn't passed single exam, since I had never intented to really study here in Slovenia.

So, now I can't apply to, say UCLA, as a freshmen but have to apply as a transfer student? That would pretty much suck, since my GPA from college is 0 :lol:

Do you think I can still apply as a Freshmen, adding note to application about my situation (that rhymes).

Edited by Gustaf Kirbic, 17 October 2006 - 05:11 AM.

#2 Gustaf Kirbic

Gustaf Kirbic

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:39 AM

OK, let me rephrase the question:

Are there any U.S.A. filmmaking colleges or colleges at all, which don't care about student's college and high-school history and are satisfied with high SAT score?

Maybe I'm asking stupid questions, because I'm not familiar with U.S.A educational system.

Edited by Gustaf Kirbic, 19 October 2006 - 07:40 AM.

#3 Sarah Naomi Campbell

Sarah Naomi Campbell

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Portland, OR

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hi,

I intent to start studying in U.S.A, but I have already enrolled in two different colleges in my country (one year each). Problem is, that I had applied to these schools only to profit from various benefits, like free health insurance etc., because here, college doesn't cost nothing. I had never visited any lectures and hadn't passed single exam, since I had never intented to really study here in Slovenia.

So, now I can't apply to, say UCLA, as a freshmen but have to apply as a transfer student? That would pretty much suck, since my GPA from college is 0 :lol:

Do you think I can still apply as a Freshmen, adding note to application about my situation (that rhymes).

If you have not received any credit whatsoever, I would apply as a freshman, and just wipe the slate clean. Similar comparable situations in the US would be a student who flunked a semester or two at community college, and opts to apply as a freshman rather than a transfer student. If you have not a single credit, I don't think it's a problem, since you wouldn't be able to "transfer" any credits.

As for whether there are any American universities without any guidelines for admission, I couldn't say. However, I wouldn't really want to find out, either. The whole point of higher education is to receive quality instruction. I would hesitate over a school which would admit any student.

Good luck!

The Slider

Opal

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC