Matthew Bartok

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Student
  • Sacramento CA.

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:59 PM

Hello, I just recently aquired a moviola m-77-16 film editing table and know nothing about. I am even too afraid to plug the thing in to see if it works. I got it for free from somebody who wanted it out of thier garage. From what he told me, it had been used at least five or six years ago but the people that had it moved away and left it there. My main question would be where I can find some good printed material about the machine that might help me in mainting it and making sure if fucntions right and then after that I need to learn how to use it. Any suggestions would be great. Do people still use these things anymore ? Also, I was wondering if there was any way to determine how it was, the serial number on it is #160.

thanks,
matt-

#2 Herb Montes

Herb Montes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Other
  • Gulf Coast of Texas

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:54 AM

Hello, I just recently aquired a moviola m-77-16 film editing table and know nothing about. I am even too afraid to plug the thing in to see if it works. I got it for free from somebody who wanted it out of thier garage. From what he told me, it had been used at least five or six years ago but the people that had it moved away and left it there. My main question would be where I can find some good printed material about the machine that might help me in mainting it and making sure if fucntions right and then after that I need to learn how to use it. Any suggestions would be great. Do people still use these things anymore ? Also, I was wondering if there was any way to determine how it was, the serial number on it is #160.

thanks,
matt-

I bought my 35mm upright Moviola from a guy in California who services them. When I get home tonight I can try to find his number so you can give him a call. Also I have a Moviola manual for mine I bought from an online source. It has servicing and parts information. I got it from:

http://www.hollywoodmanuals.com/

You can contact them to see if they have one for your model.

#3 Alain LeTourneau

Alain LeTourneau
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Portland, Oregon USA

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:51 PM

Try Adam Liberman at Liberman Sound... Google it. If you need a manual or
have questions.

I would recommend a Steenbeck or KEM before a Moviola of any kind.

-Alain

CineLab

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

CineTape