digital still camera blimp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vkgopal

vkgopal
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:16 AM

Hi Friends,
One of my friend is working in international film as a still photographer,so he has the problem thet he can not take pictures becouse of live sound recording. If anybody knows abt still camera BLIMP pls give me the detail.

tks.

#2 Rupe Whiteman

Rupe Whiteman
  • Sustaining Members
  • 336 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:11 AM

Hi Friends,
One of my friend is working in international film as a still photographer,so he has the problem thet he can not take pictures becouse of live sound recording. If anybody knows abt still camera BLIMP pls give me the detail.

tks.

On a recent shoot in Lithuania, the local stills man had a home made blimp for his digital stills camera. Simply made, it was basically a wooden hinged-box with a padded lining. The box had a hole cut out for the lens - then over the lens he'd fixed a telescopic tube to blimp/cover the lens barrel and it worked very effectively. He shot around us without hindrance... Hope this helps...

Rupe Whiteman UK

#3 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2660 posts
  • Steadicam Operator
  • Los Angeles

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:50 PM

vkgopal,
Please change your user name to your real name. It's a rule on this forum. Also, this post is in the wrong forum.

#4 Pavel Mitov

Pavel Mitov

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:22 AM

Simply made, it was basically a wooden hinged-box with a padded lining. The box had a hole cut out for the lens - then over the lens he'd fixed a telescopic tube to blimp/cover the lens barrel and it worked very effectively.

I go for this. I made one before (it's pain in the ass, though) and managed to shoot theater performances, recitals, etc.

Or, if he has several thousand bucks in excess, just switch to Leica - it can shoot at worse light than any other SLR (or DSLR) and it's noisless. He can also check if he can downgrade to a nice digital point and shoot which doesn't have noisy mirrors. It's not about the camera, it's about who stands behind it :)

Metropolis Post

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio