Ryan Bates

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Student
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:05 AM

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the post house Matchframe in Burbank. I'm a student filmmaker looking for supervised telecine for 16mm project and was curious how this company is, particularly with working with students.

Thanks.

#2 Kevin Zanit

Kevin Zanit
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • LA

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:47 AM

Couldn?t tell you how they are with students, but I have heard good things about their work. I have never worked with them though.

#3 David Sweetman

David Sweetman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Student

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:13 AM

They're great! Like anywhere else, you get what you pay for, though their prices are quite competitive and they really take the time to explain things to you and make sure you do what you really want to do, so you don't screw yourself up down the post road. Also I've found that many of the employees are used to having students around, and will sometimes stop their work to impart valuable information concerning any number of post-production topics.

--Do you mind if I ask what school it's for, and how many feet you'll have transfered?

#4 Tomas Koolhaas

Tomas Koolhaas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • los angeles

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:26 AM

Hi,
I dont know about students but I did a tape-to-tape HD color correction there and it turned out well, the guy was cool and he was fast (which was good because we were on a very low budget).
Cheers.

#5 Ryan Bates

Ryan Bates

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Student
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:53 AM

They're great! Like anywhere else, you get what you pay for, though their prices are quite competitive and they really take the time to explain things to you and make sure you do what you really want to do, so you don't screw yourself up down the post road. Also I've found that many of the employees are used to having students around, and will sometimes stop their work to impart valuable information concerning any number of post-production topics.

--Do you mind if I ask what school it's for, and how many feet you'll have transfered?

Cal State Long Beach. I don't know how much footage I'll have but I'm thinking 2,000-3,000 feet.

#6 EricUlbrich

EricUlbrich
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Orange, CA

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

My colorist is at Matchframe and I love it there. They are great artists and very helpful. If you can, talk to Jerald there, he is the man!

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

CineLab

Tai Audio

CineTape