#1 kelly tippett

kelly tippett
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Other
  • Columbus, Mississippi

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

I was reading the manual and noticed that it said with the electric motor the film speed should run above 24fps. But that's what I want to run it as. It has a crank so if i have too I'll use it, but has anyone ran it at 24fps with the motor running? Did it come out fine?

What about putting it at 25fps matching sound to it then in adobe premiere bring the clip speed down a percent? I don't think that would cause any harm to the resolution. I know to many shortcuts can hurt something but if there's no harm done- why not.

(The camera can be ran at any speed between 8fps and 64fps)

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

What about putting it at 25fps matching sound to it then in adobe premiere bring the clip speed down a percent? I don't think that would cause any harm to the resolution. I know to many shortcuts can hurt something but if there's no harm done- why not.

(The camera can be ran at any speed between 8fps and 64fps)

Afilmo has a mechanical govenor, The Ac motor has a slip clutch to avoid trying to run the camera FASTER than the Govenor would run it. 25 FPS is just a question of calibrating the sppeed knob to 25 FPS and marking it.

Filmos with the govenor WILL _NOT_ be accurate enough to run sync. Nor were they intended to be...

IN europe the trend is to use 25 FPS, In North america 24 FPS is the norm. If the output is Video, you should use the speed that works with your video, which generaly is dependant on the local pouerline frequency. (NTSC and its HD equivelent is used in 60 HZ contries, and has a frame rate of 1/2 of 59.9 Hz, Pal and Secam used in 50 Hz countries are near 50 Hz.

Now waht exactly woas your question?

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Opal

Aerial Filmworks