#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:12 AM

I was watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes....WHY? I don't know.... other that to say because it was voted one of the worst films ever made I felt a kind of morbid curiousity and I had recently seen Plan 9 from Outer Space and figured they were a set. I actually kind of enjoyed both of them which doesn't say a lot for my taste in film but ONE thing absolutelyblew my mind in Killer Tomatoes. There is a scene near the beginning where a helicopter crashes in a field near some parked police cars and people. And I can't for the life of me figure out how they did that!... other than they actually DID crash a helicopter dangeruosly close people without managing to kill anyone. Does anyone know anything about this stunt? Are my eyes playing tricks on me and was it a model or did they have an on set accident and just incorperate it into the script. I hate to say it but the crash looked a HELL of a lot more realistic and violent than the one in Black Hawk Down and I LOVED that movie. Anyone?

#2 kelly tippett

kelly tippett
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Other
  • Columbus, Mississippi

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:17 AM

Can't answer your question but i loved this movie as a kid. I'll have to watch it again now. Wasn't that Jim belushi in it?

#3 John Mastrogiacomo

John Mastrogiacomo
  • Sustaining Members
  • 210 posts
  • Other
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:50 AM

I was watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes....WHY? I don't know.... other that to say because it was voted one of the worst films ever made I felt a kind of morbid curiousity and I had recently seen Plan 9 from Outer Space and figured they were a set. I actually kind of enjoyed both of them which doesn't say a lot for my taste in film but ONE thing absolutelyblew my mind in Killer Tomatoes. There is a scene near the beginning where a helicopter crashes in a field near some parked police cars and people. And I can't for the life of me figure out how they did that!... other than they actually DID crash a helicopter dangeruosly close people without managing to kill anyone. Does anyone know anything about this stunt? Are my eyes playing tricks on me and was it a model or did they have an on set accident and just incorperate it into the script. I hate to say it but the crash looked a HELL of a lot more realistic and violent than the one in Black Hawk Down and I LOVED that movie. Anyone?

From http://www.mutantrev....com/raokt.html

"The helicopter crash was unintentional. After being pulled from the wreck, Jack Riley and George Wilson adlibbed the rest of the scene. The crash used up more of the budget than all other aspects of the film combined."

Use google. This took me about 10 seconds to find. :lol:

#4 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

I was watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes....WHY? I don't know.... other that to say because it was voted one of the worst films ever made I felt a kind of morbid curiousity and I had recently seen Plan 9 from Outer Space and figured they were a set. I actually kind of enjoyed both of them which doesn't say a lot for my taste in film

The problem with worst film ever made lists is that the worst film ever made would be totally unwatchable,
yet 'Plan 9...' is quite watchable, even somewhat charming.

#5 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:38 AM

I actually WOULDN'T dissagree wiith that. I think to be on the worst movie list a "film" has to be what one could recognize as a movie. Plan 9 was badly written with some truely horrendous dialogue, cheezy sets, unbelievible plot elements, bad acting, blatent technical mistakes and terrible direction, but it was definately a movie and there were redeeming elements which is why it became a cult classic instead of fading almost instantly into history. It WAS charming and that charm is what allows one to sit through this trainwreck. The "Stupid Human" speech is the thing that sticks out in my mind about that film more so than any other element. It is without a doubt thee WORST peice of dialogue I have ever heard but for SOME inexplicable reason, I just couldn't stop watching. Like a car crash, you just can't turn away and there's a certain magic in that, that I just can't explain.

#6 Gavin Greenwalt

Gavin Greenwalt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:44 AM

And here all these years I thought Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was a great movie.

I wouldn't put it anywhere near a list "worst movies ever made." Now the 80s Journey to the center of the earth, or House of the Dead. Those are just bad.

Abel Cine

The Slider

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport