#1 Christophe Collette

Christophe Collette
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:52 PM

Hi everyone, I am shooting a R&B video on thurday, location is a 1960's looking bungalow, the director wants a bluish look, cold but not too much, no grain, very clean imagery. Color is based on the opening of this video by Martin de Thurah: . All I shot until now are very moody videos, grain was not a concern and I didn't have much lighting involved. This time is quite different. Lighting will involve practicals (regular household bulbs) and fresnels. Should I filter the light sources or the lens?? I am thinking of shooting tungstene balanced film, maybe 7217, would a 1/4 blue do it for the light? What filter should I use if filtering on the lens, I don't want to be to heavy handed. Also, the lighting on this opening scene is fairly simple, it seems to me there is just one source, pretty large on the left side, but I'd like to know your opinion on what was used there. I am a photographer and to me this looks like a source bounced in a glossy white or even soft silver umbrella. I'd also love to use a beauty dish for the shooting, it's a soft reflector/dish, does that exist in film gear or is that just photo flash lighting accessories? Thanks for you help.

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Ritter Battery