I am a Visual Communication/Film Studies student at Ottawa University, and I was wondering if I could get some assisstance for a paper I am writing on the career of the Director of Photography/Cinematographer. One of our sources needs to be a direct correspondance with somebody in the field. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1) What are the basic responsibilites of the DP?
2) What is the current job market like for a DP, and the rest of the film industry?
3) How often/regularly can a DP expect to be employed?
4) What is the average payscale for this job (Hollywood/Indie/TV/etc)
5) What sort of training/certifications are available/benificial?
Also, any anecdotes or trivia that would be helpful or informative would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
No replies to this topic