3 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Imler

Scott Imler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

Hi guys I bought a new card and loaded a scene on it which I can call up on my reader in my laptop. The file was sent to me via e mail by another DOP. Any way when I try and load it into the camera it does not appear at all. The card is new and has only one scene on it.
Before loading the scene on to the card from the computer it asked me to format it which I did. Was I wrong to do that? When I try to config the card in the camera it will not let me.
Any thoughts

#2 John Ealer

John Ealer
  • Sustaining Members
  • 187 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:45 PM

Hi guys I bought a new card and loaded a scene on it which I can call up on my reader in my laptop. The file was sent to me via e mail by another DOP. Any way when I try and load it into the camera it does not appear at all. The card is new and has only one scene on it.
Before loading the scene on to the card from the computer it asked me to format it which I did. Was I wrong to do that? When I try to config the card in the camera it will not let me.
Any thoughts

Make sure the file has a name like SCENE_F1.txt through SCENE_F8.txt, otherwise the camera won't read it.

J

#3 Scott Imler

Scott Imler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

Make sure the file has a name like SCENE_F1.txt through SCENE_F8.txt, otherwise the camera won't read it.

J

Yes that is the format it is labelled in. One thought that I need to confirm is. He is in England I am in Canada So we may be dealing with a PAL/NTSC issue. My assumption would be that a file saved from a PAL Varicam would not be compatibale to load into a NTSC Varicam
ANyone?

#4 Christopher Bell

Christopher Bell
  • Sustaining Members
  • 75 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:03 PM

You need to format the card in the Varicam first. This procedure is in the write/read menu.

Then load the scene file onto the card.

Chris Bell

PS: If you are using a Mac, here is a cool program to create, modify, and convert scene files:

http://www.abelcine....er_v1.0.dmg.zip

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

CineTape

Glidecam