2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris_Burket

Chris_Burket
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:04 AM

I was wondering if the little doors on the sides of the mags are light tight. Could you take the mag out of the bag to thread the film through? With the door locked on of course...

#2 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:17 PM

I was wondering if the little doors on the sides of the mags are light tight. Could you take the mag out of the bag to thread the film through? With the door locked on of course...

The doors use for pulling of film through a film channel of magazine ( on fore part ).
After you pulled of film through film channel, you need adjust of size of loops and close of doors.

If the doors not closed, you can not close of lid of magazine.

#3 Ian Dudley

Ian Dudley
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Brooklyn, NY

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

Hi,

Are you having problems getting the film into the film channel/pressure plate? If that's why you ask, I think the answer is yes. The mag SEEMS pretty light tight even with the doors open (assuming lid locked tight). I say "SEEMS" because I haven't really tested this, but it looks like unless you have extremely bright focused lights coming from multiple directions, light shouldn't be able to get to the film chamber through the loop chamber.

The mag lid will close with the little doors open. My experience is that you should bite the bullet and really practice and gain confidence in loading so you don't need to take this unnecessary and time consuming extra step in loading. If you're just starting to practice, perhaps, but you'll soon want to do it the right way and you'll be glad you did. I can load them with relative ease these days in under 2 minutes, so bear with it and you'll be fine.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ian

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

The Slider