#1 Christophe Collette

Christophe Collette
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:58 PM

Hi! Video is of Les Trois Accords, a really funny silly band from Quebec, mandate was to make the singer look like Mister America taking a walk on a nudist beach, surrounded by his bodyguards, members of the band making sure the path is clear... We had a prostetic of his head moulded but ended up doing most of the head on the body scenes on a green screen on the beach... I shot this in 7217, transferred in BW on Spirit in post. We were a bit unlucky with the weather and did not have budgetted lighting, all we had was a sungun powered by a battery belt... sketchy but in the end it worked out.

Let me know what you think! The camera was SR3 and unfortunately I was not able to rig it so that I could frame with my left eye, (the viewfinder does not flip to either side like the SR2.. I just figured this out on location...) I had to frame with my right eye, so have the camera on my right shoulder, which I am not used to at all, so things are a bit wavery...

Thanks for watching!

Christophe :D

#2 Dennis Kisilyov

Dennis Kisilyov
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Other

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:59 AM

Hi! Video is of Les Trois Accords, a really funny silly band from Quebec, mandate was to make the singer look like Mister America taking a walk on a nudist beach, surrounded by his bodyguards, members of the band making sure the path is clear... We had a prostetic of his head moulded but ended up doing most of the head on the body scenes on a green screen on the beach... I shot this in 7217, transferred in BW on Spirit in post. We were a bit unlucky with the weather and did not have budgetted lighting, all we had was a sungun powered by a battery belt... sketchy but in the end it worked out.

Let me know what you think! The camera was SR3 and unfortunately I was not able to rig it so that I could frame with my left eye, (the viewfinder does not flip to either side like the SR2.. I just figured this out on location...) I had to frame with my right eye, so have the camera on my right shoulder, which I am not used to at all, so things are a bit wavery...

Thanks for watching!

Christophe :D

Very Sharp Footage, Very Nice Compositing Job on the Head! Beatiful Exposure Every Shot!

#3 Mike Crowhurst

Mike Crowhurst

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:45 AM

Nice looking video! The one-joke thing wears thin by the end but I agree that the compositing was done very well. Throwing in a slightly larger variety of shots plus a few more jokes might have made this one a killer. Not a bad effort!

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Abel Cine

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab