2 replies to this topic

#1 Keneu Luca

Keneu Luca
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

I recently noticed a "pin" missing in my torque motor. I do not know when this happened. I had the motor converted to 12v by Clive Tobin a little less than a year ago.

Is there a "fix-it-myself" solution? Probably not, right? I could give the fellas at Du-All a call.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

$10 bucks says....oh nevermind :P

By the way, I took these pics with my 35mm SLR camera. FILM!!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Keneu, 15 November 2006 - 09:43 PM.

#2 Tim Carroll

Tim Carroll
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:53 PM

Oh man, you just don't quit. First you bet me $10 I'll be the first person to answer your question, and when I'm not, you won't pay up. Then you ask about a problem with your torque motor and want us to give you the answer and then you insult me by saying you are going to send it to Duall for them to fix. What am I, chopped liver?
;)

Well, after picking our brains and then giving your money to the folks at Duall, if you can still look yourself in the mirror, what can I say.

But to answer your question, those pins are peened in from the back side and there is no easy way to replace them. ARRI does not sell just the pins, even if you could peen one in again. You have to buy the whole geared wheel assembly and they are sold in sets of two, one for each side of the torque motor. If you were one of my clients, I would tell you that the ARRI part number for this set of "Gear W/Brake Axle" is K4.24709.0.

If you were one of my clients I would also tell you that unless you use your torque motor and camera in reverse an awful lot, I would just change the gears from side to side. Right now, your busted pin is on the take-up side of the torque motor, I would switch it to the feed side and put the feed gear (the one with the three good pins) onto the take-up side. But that is just how I would handle it if you were one of my clients. Since you will only deal with Duall, you will have to see how they would handle it.

Did that sound pissy enough? :D

-Tim

#3 Keneu Luca

Keneu Luca
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:27 PM

Tim youre the best.

Why the hell dont you work for Arri? Have you ever considered? I bet they have a great 401K!

I sent you a PM.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post