Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:57 PM

Hi all

I have just completed my Kinor 5000 electronics web site. It has a couple of nice pictures (especially home page and last page of Sean Morris' camera, recently painted by us, sporting a new carry handle and of course our 5000 electronics package.

We are currently adapting the 5000 electronics to suit Arri 2C, Cameflex. Also developing a wireless remote start and a bloop light/audio tone for Paul Bruenings camera (Mitchell GC with 5000 electronics)

We can be talked into anything...

http://www.kinor.arandafilm.com.au

Regards

Bruce

#2 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

Just out of curiousity, Bruce, what do you make in the way of video taps for the Kinors?

#3 Bruce McNaughton

Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:04 PM

Just out of curiousity, Bruce, what do you make in the way of video taps for the Kinors?

We place the video tap on the top of the camera, to the right hand side of the viewfinder using a half mirror set-up for maximum light to both tap and viewfinder. The video tap in this position safe, not protruding dangerously out of the side or the front of the Kinor. You will notice that the new handle on Sean's camera is quite high allowing for a video tap (next job.) The type of video camera depends a lot on the client's budget. We can supply anything from high end 3 CCD flickerless to a Sony monochrome.

Regards

Bruce

#4 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:14 AM

Ya but you have to mod the camera to do it which I can't really afford to do at this point. I was looking for something to work with the existing port. A Black and white tap would be all I'd really need. I saw one on the commicam site that mounted at the originally designed point, had a periscope type set-up and swung out of the way when need be but I actually wanted one that was fairly flat rather than a cylindrical and wouldn't need to be turned. Do you make anything like that?

#5 Bruce McNaughton

Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:46 PM

No we stay well away from the port under the viewfinder. Almost everything installed there is either susceptible to being knocked off or is the way of either the follow focus or the camera door. I understand that a 'swing away' system may be usable, but we have not put our energies into anything that is not friendly or highly utilitarian

Regards

Bruce

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Tai Audio