No replies to this topic

#1 Jayson Crothers

Jayson Crothers
  • Sustaining Members
  • 351 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:01 AM

Hey Gang. So I'm about to start shooting my 7th feature and I'm sitting here without a Gaffer/Chief Lighting Technician (for those who prefer one title over the other). My past 6 features have all been out of town, and this is my first in LA (ironic since I've lived in LA for over 3 years now). My first and second pick aren't available, and rather than call up some old film school pals to come work with me, I'm interested in meeting some other young Gaffers who are primarily interested in Gaffing (rather than a DP who's only Gaffing for the time being).

It's a HD thriller, extremely low budget, and a wickedly short shooting schedule; it's the smallest feature I've done yet, but I love the location and believe it's got a good chance of being a fun and creepy movie (read: my rate was slashed down as well, so we're all in it together). I'm happy to give a good gaffer part of my pay to compensate for the lack of budget.

If anyone knows or works with any younger gaffers (I'm only 27, so obviously no offense is meant by saying "younger") who have some experience and are looking to meet a new Cinematographer to build a relationship with, please shoot me an email at jaysoncrothers@hotmail.com.

Thanks everyone.

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post