6 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Alvin Ekarma

Sir Alvin Ekarma
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Director

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:19 PM

Here's something I was wondering: Are there adapters on the market that would let you put one of those Kinor 16OPF12-1 zoom lenses on a bayonet/c-mount bolex? And if you could, would the lens be Super 16 safe? Like I said-- just wonderin'.

#2 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

Here's something I was wondering: Are there adapters on the market that would let you put one of those Kinor 16OPF12-1 zoom lenses on a bayonet/c-mount bolex? And if you could, would the lens be Super 16 safe? Like I said-- just wonderin'.

Russian professional zoom lens 16 OPF-12-1 10-100 mm can be modify on Arri PL lens mount ( adapters awailable for sell ), can be modify for Aaton mount.
About other lens mount, need make calculation of base distances.

This lens design for " normal 16 " film gate.
I have no a official information about position of zoom for Super 16 film gate.
But, I think, The lens can cover of Suepr 16 from 28..35 mm up to 100 mm.
Super 16 film gate have removal optical centre from Normal 16 film gate. This is factor must be underlined too.

#3 Sir Alvin Ekarma

Sir Alvin Ekarma
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Director

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:38 PM

Olex-

Thanks for the info. I was hoping you'd chime in. Good to hear about the PL mount, not so good to hear that it may not be S16 safe. I have tha Poe Switar zoom and I was planning on having it made fully manual; I was weighing that against getting a Kinor lens since I though it may come out to be cheaper, but if you add a PL mount modification, a PL to Bolex adapter, re-collimation of the zoom for the Bolex, and the possibility that it's not S16 safe, it starts to get more expensive than what I have to spend.

Thanks anyway-

Sir Al

#4 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:18 PM

Olex-

Thanks for the info. I was hoping you'd chime in. Good to hear about the PL mount, not so good to hear that it may not be S16 safe. I have tha Poe Switar zoom and I was planning on having it made fully manual; I was weighing that against getting a Kinor lens since I though it may come out to be cheaper, but if you add a PL mount modification, a PL to Bolex adapter, re-collimation of the zoom for the Bolex, and the possibility that it's not S16 safe, it starts to get more expensive than what I have to spend.

Thanks anyway-

Sir Al

If you need Super 16 zoom lens, you can buy modern Arri, Cooke , Elite Optics zoom lenses.
But, The modern format need big money too.

About design and make special adapters for professional lenses, thsi is not cheap service.
And make all this works for one adapter - it is not lucrative.
That's why, the original zoom lens can have less price, or you can buy Arri PL adapter.

#5 Film Runner

Film Runner
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:31 PM

You can get 12.5mm to 100mm Canon c-mount zoom lenses on ebay that will outperform the OPF12-1.

And they will cost between $100-200 with no mount issues

If you get the T2 12.5mm-100mm Canon it will cover Super 16mm....

F.R.

#6 Sir Alvin Ekarma

Sir Alvin Ekarma
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Director

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:23 AM

You can get 12.5mm to 100mm Canon c-mount zoom lenses on ebay that will outperform the OPF12-1.

And they will cost between $100-200 with no mount issues

If you get the T2 12.5mm-100mm Canon it will cover Super 16mm....

F.R.

Are these one of those TV zoom lenses? I've been told that the TV zooms are usually for 2/3 CCD cameras. Also, would it be significantly better than the Poe Switar 16-100 I already have?

#7 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

Are these one of those TV zoom lenses? I've been told that the TV zooms are usually for 2/3 CCD cameras. Also, would it be significantly better than the Poe Switar 16-100 I already have?

That one was 1" vidicon. look uponline catalogs to see which are 1" and 2/3".

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly