• Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:27 PM

Hi,
I spotted this lens on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've never seen or heard of this lens before. It seems to have an Arri bayonet, but I believe it comes with a CP adapter. Anybody know how it performs? And will it cover super 16? The large rear element seems to indicate that it might.
Thanks Mike.

#2 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:16 PM

I've never seen or heard of this lens before. It seems to have an Arri bayonet, but I believe it comes with a CP adapter. Anybody know how it performs? And will it cover super 16? The large rear element seems to indicate that it might.

There's a 14-84mm version of this lens for S16. In fact that was the first zoom lens made specifically for S16. But only 3 or 4 were built. Maybe all sold in Scandanavia, the home land of S16.

This is a good lens, better than the the Angie 12-120. Snappy. It's on some Scoopic models, which is where I've used it.
But it won't cover S16. Well, maybe if you frame for 2.4:1.

Edited by Leo Anthony Vale, 01 December 2006 - 02:18 PM.

#3 Ian Marks

Ian Marks
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:29 PM

I noticed this too, and was interested because I've heard people rave about the lens on the later Scoopics (the M and MS), and this appears to be that lens, only set up for Arri bayonet. Having just obtained a Canon 12-120mm from the same era, I can tell you that the mount and the chrome ring (which you twist to activate the macro mode) are the same as on my lens.

What really struck me about this lens is the very high opening bid price, which seems entirely out of line for a lens of this range, even with all the goodies included (the Chroisel zoom dampener is really nice). I paid far, far less for my Canon, and it's got a more useful focal length range.

I am intrigued by the idea of a Super 16 version of this lens - that would be a real find!

#4 lluis

lluis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:49 PM

Well, my Canon 12.5-75 in my Scoopic M S16 cover fully the format at 16/9 projection, with excellent resolutions at the corners. I suspect that glass of the beamsplitter viewfinder of this camera blow up slightly the focal...

#5 Mike Rizos

Mike Rizos
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:26 PM

Thanks guys, I decided to pass on it due to high price. I didn't realize it's the identical Scoopic lens.

CineTape

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products