IMPORTANT: Canon Auto Zoom 518 SV Super 8 User's Manual

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 t/y

t/y
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:26 AM

Where can I find the Canon Auto Zoom 518 SV Super 8 Manual online on pdf or picture files?

It is important.

Thank You.

#2 Jon Boguslaw

Jon Boguslaw
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Student

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:09 PM

Where can I find the Canon Auto Zoom 518 SV Super 8 Manual online on pdf or picture files?

It is important.

Thank You.

Hi. I just bought a camera of a similar model. I'm having trouble understanding how/if I set the film speed. I found a manual of a similar camera on wikipedia: http://www.mondofoto...tozoom-518.html

#3 Rick Palidwor

Rick Palidwor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Director

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

Hi. I just bought a camera of a similar model. I'm having trouble understanding how/if I set the film speed. I found a manual of a similar camera on wikipedia: http://www.mondofoto...tozoom-518.html

I don't have the manual but own several of these cameras and I like them. Re: film speed: do you mean the ISO rating of the film? If so, you don't set it, the camera does when you load the film. That Canon has 6 pins in the upper right-hand corner of the film compartment, so it can detect 7 different film speeds (a real bonus). So just load the film and the auto light meter will give exposure advice based on the film you are using. It's recommended that you use the manual override on the exposure when shooting.

What else did you want to know?

Rick

#4 Jon Boguslaw

Jon Boguslaw
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Student

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

I don't have the manual but own several of these cameras and I like them. Re: film speed: do you mean the ISO rating of the film? If so, you don't set it, the camera does when you load the film. That Canon has 6 pins in the upper right-hand corner of the film compartment, so it can detect 7 different film speeds (a real bonus). So just load the film and the auto light meter will give exposure advice based on the film you are using. It's recommended that you use the manual override on the exposure when shooting.

What else did you want to know?

Rick

Hey, thanks a lot for the info. I just started shooting my first cartridge and was wondering what to do about the batteries. The camera uses a 1.3V mercury, but I can't buy them in the US. A guy at a camera shop sold me some 1.5s, but im not sure if they'll work that well. Is there a better substitute?

#5 Rick Palidwor

Rick Palidwor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Director

Posted 29 December 2006 - 06:43 PM

Hey, thanks a lot for the info. I just started shooting my first cartridge and was wondering what to do about the batteries. The camera uses a 1.3V mercury, but I can't buy them in the US. A guy at a camera shop sold me some 1.5s, but im not sure if they'll work that well. Is there a better substitute?

The 1.5's should be fine. (Some people might bicker the finer points but I have been using 1.5's as a subsitute on all my super 8 cameras without problems.)
Rick

#6 Charles Frisby

Charles Frisby

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:17 PM

Just got the camera and put the manual online. I posted the PDF here.

http://grungeproduct...518SVManual.htm

Figured someone else might come looking!

frisby

Edited by Charles Frisby, 25 December 2010 - 06:18 PM.

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

CineLab

Opal

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post