Cinevia 50D/Spectra Velvia 50D

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 filmfreund

filmfreund
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

smallformat asks for your experiences with the new products of GK-Film (Cinevia with Velvia 50D) and Spectra Velvia 50 D? Who has already tested the film stock inside the Kodak cartridges? What are the results? Would you use it again?

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:31 PM

smallformat asks for your experiences with the new products of GK-Film (Cinevia with Velvia 50D) and Spectra Velvia 50 D? Who has already tested the film stock inside the Kodak cartridges? What are the results? Would you use it again?

Since we're not being paid for our comments, if you use my comment please use the ENTIRE comment rather than an edited portion.

Several months ago I noticed that the velvia will not always easily pass through a camera that has a weak clutch and that is being used on a cold day. So two variables have to be in play, a weak camera, a cold day and then one might have a problem.

However, I heard that there is a "fix" in the works for this issue and it may have already been resolved.

I hope there is room for both the Velvia 50 and the Ektachrome 100 as they both are wonderful stocks and complement Kodak's 200T and 500T quite nicely.

I applaud the companies who introduced Velvia just as Kodachrome was finishing its spectacular 40 year run.

CineLab

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

The Slider

FJS International, LLC