NOMOS Super 8 Award: You may vote now!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 filmfreund

filmfreund
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:20 PM

Vote now! All 46 entries are online. You have one vote for every film. Rate every film from 1 point (bad) up to 10 points (best film). Before voting you have to fill in your eMail address. Most points for the best film! You may vote until Jan 15.

There are about 20 entries with English or no text (music), most titles are in German language of course.

Have fun.

Here is the link:

http://www.mydiged.de/tick8/tick8.php

Juergen

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:01 PM

Vote now! All 46 entries are online. You have one vote for every film. Rate every film from 1 point (bad) up to 10 points (best film). Before voting you have to fill in your eMail address. Most points for the best film! You may vote until Jan 15.

There are about 20 entries with English or no text (music), most titles are in German language of course.

Have fun.

Here is the link:

Juergen

Awesome idea. If someone only looks at five films, and assigns them votes, and then doesn't even view the other films, doesn't that skew the vote totals? I'm not trying to be critical, but analytical, is there a solution to prevent that from happening?

A helpful suggestion to those who will view and vote. Watch the films when it is not the middle of the day with light streaming in from outdoors. If possible use the headphone jack on your computer since sound heard through a good set of headphones will be better than the tiny speakers found on the computer.

#3 filmfreund

filmfreund
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:39 AM

There are 1,200 votes up to now. Please keep on voting! Thanks.

#4 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

There are 1,200 votes up to now. Please keep on voting! Thanks.

I think I raised a legitmate question, in my opinion ignoring it is really just being aloof.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my computer the images are not entirely smooth, so when I was watching the film with the person who did all kinds of human jumping stunts, I couldn't tell which jump cuts were intentional and which ones were being caused by my computer.

I like the overall concept of what you are doing. What I wonder is, if one film scores slightly lower than another, but 5 times as many people voted for it, how can you really determine which one was more "popular"?

Example: Film A scores 8.0 and 50 people vote,
Film B scores a 7.9 and 300 people voted for it,

Which one is more popular?

#5 Justin Lovell

Justin Lovell
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Toronto

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:36 PM

On my computer the images are smooth, so when I was watching the film with the person who did all kinds of human jumping stunts, ...

Hey That's my film, TROYMOTION.. it's not the final release version, just a screener for the festival... let me know whatcha think if you check it out. Film no. 36. Don't forget to vote!

#6 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 23 December 2006 - 12:31 AM

Hey That's my film, TROYMOTION.. it's not the final release version, just a screener for the festival... let me know whatcha think if you check it out. Film no. 36. Don't forget to vote!

Hey Justin, I meant to say, on my computer, the images are not entirely smooth....

Instead I left out the "not entirely", sorry about that. I like what Juergen is doing, I wish my computer wouldn't burp so much when I am viewing the films.

However, there must be so new compression codecs because there are some videos that don't drop frames and they quality seems quite good.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc