#1 Daniel Garcia

Daniel Garcia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:59 AM

I'm interested in tring the Nikon F to "C" Mount Adapter in a Bolex camera in order to use my Nikon lenses. Anybody with experience in this who would like to share it?

Best, d

#2 James Erd

James Erd
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Director
  • Palo Alto, CA

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:19 AM

I'm interested in tring the Nikon F to "C" Mount Adapter in a Bolex camera in order to use my Nikon lenses. Anybody with experience in this who would like to share it?

Best, d

I've seen Nikon and Pentax adapters at Adolph Gasser Photography in San Francisco. I have adapters for my Leica lenses. The only drawback so far has been the size of the lenses. If you want three lenses on the turret they do need to be fairly skinny.

#3 Daniel Garcia

Daniel Garcia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:30 AM

I've seen Nikon and Pentax adapters at Adolph Gasser Photography in San Francisco. I have adapters for my Leica lenses. The only drawback so far has been the size of the lenses. If you want three lenses on the turret they do need to be fairly skinny.

Thank you so much for the advice. Yes I was expecting that there would be no much room for other lenses after I use the adaptor. My question is more about the sharpness and quality of the image in general. I have some amazing and fast Nikon lenses and I wonder if they will give me as good as a result in the Bolex as the native lenses for the Bolex. Any help regarding this is much appreciated.
d

#4 Glenn Brady

Glenn Brady
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:37 PM

I use a Nikon brand F to C-mount adapter on my Bolex H8 RX4 cameras with good results. Since the 8mm and 16mm formats use just the center portion of the projection, the images are at least as good as those produced by my Kern-Paillard Switar primes. Because some of the Nikon lenses are much larger and heavier than the lenses made for the camera, I use a Bolex light optical bench to support them. Shorter Nikon lenses would be fine without the support, but the long and/or heavy lenses require support of some kind. Any decent rod support system ought to suffice.

#5 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:15 PM

Ive used a Tamron 400mm lens (35mm format) on my Krasnogorsk 3 and got quite sharp results upon projection.

#6 Daniel Garcia

Daniel Garcia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

Ive used a Tamron 400mm lens (35mm format) on my Krasnogorsk 3 and got quite sharp results upon projection.

Thank you for the info. I guess I will need to find a rod support system for the Bolex now.
any advice on that? Is there any place wher can buy one used apart from ebay?

Best, d

I use a Nikon brand F to C-mount adapter on my Bolex H8 RX4 cameras with good results. Since the 8mm and 16mm formats use just the center portion of the projection, the images are at least as good as those produced by my Kern-Paillard Switar primes. Because some of the Nikon lenses are much larger and heavier than the lenses made for the camera, I use a Bolex light optical bench to support them. Shorter Nikon lenses would be fine without the support, but the long and/or heavy lenses require support of some kind. Any decent rod support system ought to suffice.

Thank you for the info. I guess I will need to find a rod support system for the Bolex now.

Best, d

#7 Bart Smith

Bart Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:45 AM

Best, d

Best, d

http://www.filmcamer...ml/supports.htm

#8 Glenn Brady

Glenn Brady
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

Best, d

Try Cavision at http://www.cavision.com/main.html. They're helpful folks and offer a versatile array of products.

#9 Daniel Garcia

Daniel Garcia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:17 AM

thank you ver much. You were very helpful.
I'm on my wahy now.

#10 Daniel Garcia

Daniel Garcia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:39 AM

thank you very much. I'm sure they also sell the part that holds/supports the lens.
Best, d

Tai Audio

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc