4 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:21 AM

The cable release problem is now fixed....partly. Some smart person at a camera shop found out that if you pull the K3's shutter button outwards while screwing in the cable release, it will screw in and fire fine.

However, now I have another cable release related problem. I used that very same cable release (which by the way is a very well made sturdy cable release) and screwed it into the single frame socket on the back of the K3. I pressed it and nothing happened. It feels like the plunger is going in a short distance (like less than half a cm) and then hitting something solid.

If the length of the plunger of a particular cable release is fine for activating the main shutter release button at the front of the camera, shouldn't the same cable release also work with the single frame release at the back of the camera? The length of the plunger on this cable release is just over a cm and a half from the tip when fully extended.

I was planning to go out tomorrow with the K3 to experiment with some time lapse on an old Plus-X film. Of course this brings another delay to the test and leaves me in doubt whether I will be able to see the results of the test before I go away in early January with the K3.

#2 Alessandro Malfatti

Alessandro Malfatti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Other
  • Barcelona, Spain

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:45 PM

Are you sure the camera is wound up? It's the only thing I can think of, since ,as you said, the cable release hits something hard...

#3 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:08 PM

Yes, the camera is wound up.

#4 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:37 AM

Or should I just forget the K3 for time lapse and get a Bolex for single frame shooting?

#5 David Venhaus

David Venhaus
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Other
  • Wiseburn, CA

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:15 PM

When the shutter release is pressed (when screwed into the back single frame socket), the front shutter button pushes out a little ways. Maybe check to make sure nothing is obstructing the movement of the front button. That's the only other thing I can think of, unless there is something wrong internally with the mechanism.

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine