Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:28 AM

Hi,

I am getting my HD telecine back on D5-HD and will need to be able to bring it into my premiere pro 2.0 system for final color correction and mastering. I need a recomendation of a good house that can capture my D5 and put it on hard drive for me. There are no D5 decks in the whole state of Alaska, so I need to go elsewhere.

The lab is in NY, so that is prefered, but I expect lots of shipping. I am used to working with that in Alaska, so if I need to go to a post house in LA or elsewhere thats fine (no farther than canada. new zeland is a bit too far)

I found premiere pro can handle conforming an 1080 uncompressed 10 bit file, so I would like to keep it in that if possible. Extra points for a post house that can later take my color corrected/conformed uncompressed 10 bit file and put that on a HDCAM, HDCAM-SR and/or DVCPRO-HD for festival playout (I assume any house that can handle uncompressed capture of D5 probably has one or all those decks availible for them)

I need recomendations (and preferably contact personel) so I can verify they can provide me with a file my system can read. Thanks.

#2 Nathan Milford

Nathan Milford
  • Sustaining Members
  • 692 posts
  • Director
  • New York, NY

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

I've always been a big cheerleader for Postworks. They've always been wonderful to work with.

#3 Michael Collier

Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hahaha. funny you should mention them...thats my lab! I suppose I should keep things in one house to simplify things. I just wasn't sure if they could do that sort of work, I have so far only spoken to their lab and telecine house. I will talk to Jerimiah about that when the time comes. Still waiting on the SD tape for the offline, just trying to stay a bit ahead of the curve. Thanks

#4 Nathan Milford

Nathan Milford
  • Sustaining Members
  • 692 posts
  • Director
  • New York, NY

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, the lab is fantastic. Rick and Dom are great guys.

They're a pretty big outfit. They have a few offices around the city. They have four or five floors at 100 Sixth Ave. They have a nice DI suite and can handle most anything you throw at them.

#5 Sam Wells

Sam Wells
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:19 AM

Hahaha. funny you should mention them...thats my lab! I suppose I should keep things in one house to simplify things. I just wasn't sure if they could do that sort of work,

In their Moving Images identity they've done the same thing for me, D5HD > hard drive.

I'm sure Postworks can do what you ask, talk to Dom or Rick as Nathan suggests.

-Sam

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks