avid editing help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 piyush sharma

piyush sharma
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:15 AM

i am a non linear editor mostly worked on DPS velocity so far .for personnel purpose i use premiere pro also. i realy like premiere pro. but recently i brought a HDR FX1E high defination camcorder. and when i tried to capture footage in premiere pro 2 the size of frame was too big and was not visisble in the composer window .so then i com eto know about cineform HD adn i used it but on playing fooatge there was slight difference in colour and on pausing frame colur use to be batter or say more natural. i dunno why i was having this prob.

any way later i borrowed a avid express pro from my friend and captured the fooatge again using fire wire(i have nothing else). avid in capture window in resolution was showing only one reolution that is :

HDV 1080i MXF. is it because i donot have proper harware like mojo or something?
is it a good reloution. whne i export out a jpeg the result was not bad .

hdv works fine with high resolution but making a avi and quick time took lottsa time almost 1 day thats quite botheing . evene a low resolution 320 x 220 wmv took almost 8-9 hours. thast realy a long time . how can i figure out tis prob.

one very basic question in last :
#how can i move a clip in time line . is 'selcting slide trim' is only option.
#i deleted the audio of one clip and and tried to bring in the audio of previous clip .doing this , all the clip afterwards got sync out why ? is there a bug in my avid .
thanks for reading peple i reply appreciate
regards.
piyush

#2 Alex Mizin

Alex Mizin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

1. You can move clips in the timeline using the splice tools (the red and yellow arrows) I think the default hotkey for the one you would use to simply drag a clip is a '

2. So did you bring in the audio of a clip and try to match it to a completely different clip? Or did you delete the audio off the clip and are now trying to add the audio back?

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly

Glidecam

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC