#1 Matt Hingstman

Matt Hingstman

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Grip

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

Hi. I've been working as a grip the last couple of months and when I saw my resume was two pages long I realized it needed a makeover.
I tried to do it in a typical format, but I don't think working on films applies very well.

I just decided to wing it and make a new one. I'm not sure how it should look so I'm looking for some advice. Not so much on the content, but on the presentation. I'll take anything I can get. Format, wording, structure. Whatever needs changing, addition, or outright removal, I'd love it hear it. And if the whole thing is just completely wrong, well, that's fine too.

I'm attaching it as a file. My personal info was changed for obvious reasons. But I'll gladly give it out if someone wants to hire me! ^_^

Thanks.
-Matt

Attached Files

#2 Easton Sheahan-Lee

Easton Sheahan-Lee
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

You need to add other information like your education and training in those fields not just employment, and references.

#3 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:24 PM

It's a typical resume I see for young people with mixed experience, especially in other cities where it's harder to just be an electrician or just a grip and you have to do both.

I would remove the grid (it's ugly), use maybe a bold or italic (or both) font for the project title, maybe use single-space for the job but put a line and a half space between each job.

I wouldn't mix type styles myself (serif w/ san-serif, Times w/ Courier) but that's due to my training years ago as a forms designer and typesetter -- hasn't stopped the L.A. Times from making a mess of their front page! I'd use the same type and vary the font size and some selective use of bold or italic.

I'd add a short line at the bottom about education and references.

Opal

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Glidecam