2 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:10 AM

There was an interesting US film I saw on TV a number of years ago but I cannot recall the name of it or any of the actors who appeared in it. Although it would probably be classified as a horror film, there is very little 'horror' in it. It's just that it deals with a 'ghost' and communication from the dead. The story revolves around a family who have just moved into this new house, if i recall. The family has recently suffered a loss - the death of one of their daughters. They do have another daughter and a son - both of them kids. However, the daughter that died was a very mischevious person - she often played tricks on her sister and brother. I believe she did play one of her tricks on one or two of her siblings in the family car but in doing so, she somehow got herself trapped (I can't recall the details.) Somehow a fire broke out in the car and most of the family were forced to flee. The daughter still remained inside, trapped, and perished in the flames.

This is where the supernatural part comes in. Once settled into the new home, the deceased sister begins communicating to the living sister from the dead. She appears before her. The deceased sister reminds the living girl of one of their former games they used to play together. All I remember about this game was that one of them says: "Thanks a lot, Lancelot." The deceased sister has a plan. She is dearly missing her famiy. She wants them all killed so that she will be closer to them - so that they will be together once again. She instructs her living sister to kill the others and she does so one by one. I believe the mother is the last to be killed but she fails killing her. I remember at the very end, the deceased sister appears before the mother - which gives the mother the shock of her life. I also remember the young son had a pet chameleon.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Oh by the way, this looked like a 1980s film. Possibly either early or mid 80s.

#2 Jason Debus

Jason Debus
  • Sustaining Members
  • 311 posts
  • Student
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:43 PM

Could this be it?

Don't Go to Sleep (1982) (TV)

#3 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members