#1 B. Sakthidoss

B. Sakthidoss
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Other
  • New Delhi,India

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:32 AM

How to change the Camer Filter A,B,C,D in SDX900 camera's,If i want to replace Filter A (CLEAR) to a Polarizer.How it Possible,Is there any special size of filters available for video camera internal filter..

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19769 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:14 PM

How to change the Camer Filter A,B,C,D in SDX900 camera's,If i want to replace Filter A (CLEAR) to a Polarizer.How it Possible,Is there any special size of filters available for video camera internal filter..

That's the one filter you DON'T want to make internal -- you need to be able to rotate a Pola for the particular subject and angle to the light.

Internal filters have to be precisely matched in terms of thickness in order to not throw off the back-focus. I'd talk to a camera rental house like Clairmont Cameras, which as done some work replacing the internal filters in the F900 and Varicam. But forget about putting a Pola inside the camera.

#3 B. Sakthidoss

B. Sakthidoss
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Other
  • New Delhi,India

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:49 AM

That's the one filter you DON'T want to make internal -- you need to be able to rotate a Pola for the particular subject and angle to the light.

Internal filters have to be precisely matched in terms of thickness in order to not throw off the back-focus. I'd talk to a camera rental house like Clairmont Cameras, which as done some work replacing the internal filters in the F900 and Varicam. But forget about putting a Pola inside the camera.

Thank u sir

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Technodolly

Wooden Camera