Cody Jacobs

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago, IL

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:23 AM

I just had the great pleasure of seeing 'The Good Shepherd' down at the ole' cinemaplex and good god if Robert Richardson did not floor me again with his amazing photography. The movie was also very interesting, however I was far too busy drooling over Richardson's work to pay attention to much else so I suppose I'll have to go see it again.

I thought what he did for night exteriors was really beautiful and although similiar to things he had done before it seemed different and enjoyable. Also the silhouettes they accomplish in that movie will bring a grown man to tears.

On a side note does anyone happen to know if Ian Kincaid gaffed this film for him? I didn't get a chance to catch it in the credits and they only have a New York specific gaffer listed on IMDB.

#2 John Sellar

John Sellar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Student

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:51 AM

I saw "The Good Shepherd" yesterday. I didn't know Richardson shot it when I went in. After the first few minutes, I got sucked in by the visuals, like you. it wasn't until I noticed a shot with a glowing, blown-out table top that I thought "wow, kinda looks like Richardson". I guess the film itself was pretty good...though it was hard to pay attention to the plot :)

The Slider

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Glidecam

Opal

Wooden Camera