1 reply to this topic

#1 Mateusz Kukla

Mateusz Kukla
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 25 December 2006 - 03:59 PM

Hello! I've just bought K-3 16mm camera with standard Meteor-5-1 f=1,9 17-69mm zoom lens. And I have some questions:
1. Could I get good-shooted material by this standard lens? I mean something that is well exposured, have good colours and some depth of field.
2. How much well-shooted material depends on good film?
3. I want to buy some KODAK VISION2 250D. Is it good choice?

okhay that's all. thanks a lot for any answers and sorry for my bad english. Cheers!!

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:55 PM

Hello! I've just bought K-3 16mm camera with standard Meteor-5-1 f=1,9 17-69mm zoom lens. And I have some questions:
1. Could I get good-shooted material by this standard lens? I mean something that is well exposured, have good colours and some depth of field.
2. How much well-shooted material depends on good film?
3. I want to buy some KODAK VISION2 250D. Is it good choice?

okhay that's all. thanks a lot for any answers and sorry for my bad english. Cheers!!

1) The K-3 if it is well maintained is capable of Great results, please see all the threads on this site which talk about it. 2) If you have fresh film from a reliable source - these days all the available choices are better than anybody could buy 20 years ago. 3) The film choice depends on where you are shooting, what light you have available and what you want things to look like. the 250d will allow you to shoot outside in the day with very large depth of field. If that is what you want, great. Outside on a sunny day some would use the 50D so they could have less Depth. Inside with artificail light of course the Tungsten stock are easier to use.

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Opal