#1 tony corella

tony corella

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Director

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:51 PM

I am shooting a short on an FX1 next week and we are trying to figure out the best option for a more "filmic" look frame rate wise. I know there is a cineframe mode in camera that can do a fake 24 and 30 mode. Has anyone had any luck with shooting 60i and using a program like magic bullet or dvfilm to convert to 24p? I know there is some inherent quality loss but I dont have time to do tests myself before the shoot. Anyone have any footage of either cf or a magic bullet? Thanks.

tony corella

#2 Matt Sandstrom

Matt Sandstrom
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Director
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:29 PM

magic bullet produces vastly superior results if you need 24p. you'll get a pretty good film look from cf 30p, at a much better quality but it's not 24p if that's your mastering format.

/matt

#3 Jon Lohne

Jon Lohne
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

I am shooting a short on an FX1 next week and we are trying to figure out the best option for a more "filmic" look frame rate wise. I know there is a cineframe mode in camera that can do a fake 24 and 30 mode. Has anyone had any luck with shooting 60i and using a program like magic bullet or dvfilm to convert to 24p? I know there is some inherent quality loss but I dont have time to do tests myself before the shoot. Anyone have any footage of either cf or a magic bullet? Thanks.

tony corella

I have been using dv film maker with very good results. It is very important to keep the camera shutter speed at 1/60th. Check out the link below.

http://www.dvfilm.com/maker/index.htm

#4 piyush sharma

piyush sharma
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:39 AM

i am wondering if fx1E (pal ,25 frames per sec) is batter option for film look then fx1(ntsc ,30 fps) .

#5 Matt Sandstrom

Matt Sandstrom
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Director
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:16 PM

it depends on how you're finishing. if you're going to ntsc video 25p will be a pain. cf24 works out of the box but causes jerky motion. if you're doing a film out 25p is a good choice, but i suspect 60i through magic bullet is even better in that case and without the audio stretch problem.

/matt

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam