Documentary about the Closing of the Kodak S8 Lab

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 filmfreund

filmfreund
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:56 AM

Posted Image

Kodak discontinued Kodachrome Super 8 movie film almost two years ago and closed their last processing facility in Lausanne, Switzerland, at the end of September 2006.

We visited the lab shortly before the end and produced a 20 minute documentary entitled "Death of the Yellow Bag". The film includes interviews with the lab manager and his colleagues, along with a behind-the-scenes look at the last Super 8 Kodachrome lab in the world.

This unique documentary is now available as part of a $39.95 limited edition DVD release that includes several other treats for film buffs:

KODACHROME: A Super 8 music clip (on Kodachrome, of course) illustrating the Paul Simon hit "Kodachrome" (parts can be seen here: )

KODAK SUPER 8 INSTAMATIC: An ingenious commercial that promotes Kodak Instamatic cameras and the newly introduced Super 8 format. Shot in 1965, in English.

ELMO COMMERCIAL: This Elmo promotion was shot on 16 mm and highlights various Japanese beauties from 1966 (15 minutes, in German). The film shows the production of projectors and the famous Elmo Tri Filmatic cameras for Super 8, Double 8, Single 8 and Double Super 8.

The DVD can be ordered through PayPal, by sending US-$39.95 (including postage) to info@atollmedien.de - it can be viewed on every computer and on every PAL tv set.

#2 filmfreund

filmfreund
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:15 AM

sorry, the link must be:

#3 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:50 AM

You should look into actually purchasing a small ad banner from this forum for a month or two to promote your DVD and your books.

I don't know what it costs per month but you probably would only have to sell five or less DVD's to break even, and you get all that great publicity. In case you haven't noticed, I've kept a link on my siggy to both super-8 magazines for the past several months because it's pretty amazing to have two mags start up when prior there really hasn't been much of anything for well over a decade, perhaps even two decades.

I gotta believe that between the links on my siggy and the ability to sell your DVD, perhaps even your books, it would be a no brainer to purchase an ad for a month or two.

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio