Photo

How well does Firestore work without P2 card in camera?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Feldspar

Jim Feldspar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Student

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

We have the use of an HVX-200 with an FS-100 Firestore but no P2 cards. I've read that
even if you're not using the P2 card, it should be in the camera for the Firestore to work
properly. We won't have an opportunity to test before we get the camera (on the shoot day.)

Does anybody have any advice? Thanks.

#2 tanner wolfe

tanner wolfe
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:41 AM

i believe that you have to remove the P2 cards for the firestore to operate properly. i'd give yourself some time to acclimate to the firestore. it has a menu system reminiscient of 1987 not 2007.

tanner

#3 David Osborne

David Osborne

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Director

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

I've been shooting some stuff with an FS100 and no P2 cards and have had no problems. The P2 cards do not need to be in the camera. Haha the menu is slightly reminiscent of something out of 1980, no real frills but it does the trick.

I've yet to experiment with the other functions, like recording what happened 3 seconds before you hit the record button etc. But for "regular" shooting everything runs like you'd expect.

It is kind of scary initially to set the firestore to respond when you hit the record button on the camera; like so it starts/stops recording. I still take my eyes away from the camera and down to my belt (or wherever I have the firestore sitting) to see if it's actually recording.

I expect that after a very short span of successful shoots I will become conditioned to disregard this fear and no longer check to see if I remembered to actually connect the firewire, turn the thing on, or if I even brought it with me.

Tai Audio

CineTape

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport