Need Production Services in Kiev, Ukraine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 melissa cobb

melissa cobb
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

Hello,

I am currently on location in Kiev, Ukraine shooting a documentary until the 26th of January. Does anybody know of any camera stores/camera repair shops in Kiev where I could by a cassete cleaning tape. (Yes, I know. It was very stupid to leave home without it.) I am shooting on the DVX100a and it is giving me the warning that my cylinder heads are dirty. If I cannot find a cleaning tape, is there anything else I can do without risking damage to the camera? What are the possible problems if I continue shooting? Are my only risks gliches on the tape or could I do worse damage to the camera?

I figured that while I was asking I might as well see if there were any other places for production services in Kiev just in case something else goes wrong. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Melissa Cobb

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:43 PM

Hello,

I am currently on location in Kiev, Ukraine shooting a documentary until the 26th of January. Does anybody know of any camera stores/camera repair shops in Kiev where I could by a cassete cleaning tape. (Yes, I know. It was very stupid to leave home without it.) I am shooting on the DVX100a and it is giving me the warning that my cylinder heads are dirty. If I cannot find a cleaning tape, is there anything else I can do without risking damage to the camera? What are the possible problems if I continue shooting? Are my only risks gliches on the tape or could I do worse damage to the camera?

I figured that while I was asking I might as well see if there were any other places for production services in Kiev just in case something else goes wrong. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Melissa Cobb

I found a digital still photography link for Kiev photographers. Sometimes they do double duty as videographers or know of videographers...

http://www.photolink...t...v&CATEGORY=

Are you staying with one video brand of tape or are you using different brands? Switching brands can sometimes cause problems. Once on a shoot one of the DVX's was blinking a warning on the screen. It might have been that the camera was shooting at either EP speed or regular DV speed instead of DV-CAM speed. Assuming your cameras can shoot at the lower DV speeds, make sure the camera didn't somehow default to the slower speed setting.

Finally, if all else fails, run a blank tape through in search mode and see if that clears out the problem. Run the tape through in one direction, then try to record and see if the error goes away, if the error message does not go away, rewind the tape in search mode and recheck.

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hello,

Sincerely,
Melissa Cobb

I'm Olexandr Kalynychenko, film maker from Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk.
I have many colleagues and wide business relations in Kiev.
If you send me letter on my direct e-mail olex@a-teleport.com or call me on phone 380-562-34-70-13

I can explain you more details.
You ask about service of lens of your video camera
If you go to subway station " Shulavskaya ?
http://www.vokzal.5w.ru/kiev-metro.htm
You can ask of ?Cine studio Dovgenko?, you will need ask of film camera department and camera technician can service of your camera.
You can see big shop with video camera department at opposite of cine studio.
Other.
You can go to subway station ? Lebidshaya ? and ask of Photo studio or Photo shop or
Film processing lab.
This is photo shop had very good repair man of photo cameras and have many devices for photo cameras.

Other place of service of your video camera. You can ask about any TV studio, or video camera rent companies . All this companies have camera technicians.
If you need, you can rent of any video , cine cameras with technicians and other shooting equipments and
lighters.

If you will have idea a shoot in Dneporpetrovsk, can ask me too.
Our fim production studio
www.thunderfilms.com.ua

#4 melissa cobb

melissa cobb
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

Thank you very much for your replies. I am shooting on Panasonic tapes only. I will go and try and find these stores. Thanks again.

-Melissa

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Abel Cine

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera