No replies to this topic

#1 Jason Debus

Jason Debus
  • Sustaining Members
  • 311 posts
  • Student
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:58 PM

Even though I'm a fan of early Michael Seresin work and anamorphic, I waited until DVD to see this because it's kind of a teenage movie. It seemed like it could be like a Fame meets Foxes. I'm glad I waited because most of the shots in this are bordering on 'made for TV' quality, the mise en scene is that boring.

There are a couple of sequences that feel appropriate for anamorphic like the scenes at the pier during sunset and the end dance sequence, but otherwise everthing else seemed like it wanted a 1.85:1 frame. I think the main reason for this is that they just didn't have that much that was interesting to put in the frame. The school seemed like it was an old used TV show set. The urban settings felt more dressed up than gritty and weren't really composed in any interesting way. Some party sequences had some potential but never took off.

Anne Fletcher is a noted choreographer but as a rookie director in this she leaves a lot to be desired. The acting in this isn't the greatest either. It seems like a great DP like Seresin could have saved it because the story isn't that bad, but most of the shots look like he didn't have that much influence.

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc