#1 Walintino Nording

Walintino Nording
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hello ,

i am a young independant filmmaker, i just bought a Kinor 16 cx 2 m.i have no experience with this camera . i already made 3 films in super 16 ( using aaton xtr, bolex , and K3 ).
i will convert my Kinor to super 16 :)

-can i find online any super 16 gate ?
- can i fix on it a Tobin ?
- any manuel ( to lube the camera )
-if i dont convert to S16 ,and keep the original mount , what lenses i can use ? ( for 16 mm )
- any special tip ?

thkx.

w

Edited by w n, 05 January 2007 - 04:41 PM.

#2 Walintino Nording

Walintino Nording
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:28 PM

okkk , i saw the old topics and found alot ...specialy topics of Olex Kalynychenko

#3 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19761 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:23 AM

http://www.cinematog...?act=boardrules

Please read the following rules and guidelines very carefully. By proceeding to post you agree to these guidelines and must obey them at all times. Refusal to obey these guidelines will result in the appropriate responsive actions.

Members on this forum are required to use their full real names for their Display Name. The format to use is your first name followed by a space followed by your last/family/surname. Please capitalize the first letter of each. Accounts that do not comply will be removed and cannot be reactivated. Display names can be edited in My Controls / Change Display Name once you?re logged in.

#4 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:11 AM

Hello ,
i am a young independant filmmaker, i just bought a Kinor 16 cx 2 m.i have no experience with this camera . i already made 3 films in super 16 ( using aaton xtr, bolex , and K3 ).
i will convert my Kinor to super 16 :)
-can i find online any super 16 gate ?
- can i fix on it a Tobin ?
- any manuel ( to lube the camera )
-if i dont convert to S16 ,and keep the original mount , what lenses i can use ? ( for 16 mm )
- any special tip ?
thkx.

w

You have very good possibility to buy a special edition of modified Kinor-16 SX-2M camera now.
This is special version of Super 16 Kinor-16 SX-2M camera with Arri PL lens mount, crystal synch speed electrical motor with digital film counter, modified on Arri PL mount zoom lenses, prime lenses, univesal lens hood , battery, charger.

This is camera had ebuy item number 150074645877

If you will need, you can order more high version of crystal sync motor with speed synthesizer.

The Kinor-16 with Arri Pl lens mount can use any Normal-16, Super 16 lenses with Arri PL lens mount and lenses from 35 mm cine cameras with Arri PL.
You can see pictire of Kinor-16 with Carl Zeiss Ultra prime lens for example.

If you wish use original Kinor-16 lens mount, you can use russian prime and zoom lenses with original Kinor-16 lens mount.
This is prime lenses from 6 mm up to 300 mm, zoom lenses 16OPF-1-2M 12-120 mm ( 10-100 mm with 0,75 adapter ) , 16OPF-12-1 10-100 mm ( 7.5-75 mm with 0.75 adapter ).

#5 Walintino Nording

Walintino Nording
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

http://www.cinematog...?act=boardrules

Please read the following rules and guidelines very carefully. By proceeding to post you agree to these guidelines and must obey them at all times. Refusal to obey these guidelines will result in the appropriate responsive actions.

Members on this forum are required to use their full real names for their Display Name. The format to use is your first name followed by a space followed by your last/family/surname. Please capitalize the first letter of each. Accounts that do not comply will be removed and cannot be reactivated. Display names can be edited in My Controls / Change Display Name once you?re logged in.

probleme resolved ! thanks

#6 Walintino Nording

Walintino Nording
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hello Olex ,
I saw the camera you mentioned on ebay , but it was expensive for my budget , so i decided to take a "normal" one, after i ll modify it for super 16 .
i want to modify my K3 for super 16 too .
i shot with K3 recently in a war zone ; great camera ! even it folt twice from my hands :( , but i continued my shooting as if nothing happened ! and when i saw the images - realy great . i remeber my first shooting , a car explosed , the DOP dropped the AAton XTR while running to the explosion and you know the rest ...
i think Russian cameras were made to have a long life , pretty reliable , easy to use , cheap and nice image .

my only "problem" was the 100 ft rolls ; to change the rolls under the bombs was somehow complicated and difficult .sometimes impossible - i read in some topics that when you shoot with K3 , your hands will be tired , and true , sometimes i couldn t "use" my hands to change rolls . That s why i switched to Kinor 16 Sx .

Russians cameras are the BEST !

Olex , please give me advice ;
the K3 is M42 mount , the Kinor i bought is the normal mount ,
i need to have them both in S16 -same mount if possible so i use same lenses on both , and a new sync motor variable speed , video tape .
where should i make all of that , and any idea about costs >?

thanks ,

all the best

W

Edited by Walintino Nording, 06 January 2007 - 08:29 AM.

#7 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Hello Olex ,
I saw the camera you mentioned on ebay , but it was expensive for my budget , so i decided to take a "normal" one, after i ll modify it for super 16 .
i want to modify my K3 for super 16 too .
i shot with K3 recently in a war zone ; great camera ! even it folt twice from my hands :( , but i continued my shooting as if nothing happened ! and when i saw the images - realy great . i remeber my first shooting , a car explosed , the DOP dropped the AAton XTR while running to the explosion and you know the rest ...
i think Russian cameras were made to have a long life , pretty reliable , easy to use , cheap and nice image .

my only "problem" was the 100 ft rolls ; to change the rolls under the bombs was somehow complicated and difficult .sometimes impossible - i read in some topics that when you shoot with K3 , your hands will be tired , and true , sometimes i couldn t "use" my hands to change rolls . That s why i switched to Kinor 16 Sx .

Russians cameras are the BEST !

Olex , please give me advice ;
the K3 is M42 mount , the Kinor i bought is the normal mount ,
i need to have them both in S16 -same mount if possible so i use same lenses on both , and a new sync motor variable speed , video tape .
where should i make all of that , and any idea about costs >?

thanks ,

all the best

W

The high quality 16 mm professional Super 16 cine camera withg Arri Pl for a few a thousands dollars very low price.
Yes, of course, you can buy original Normal-16 Kinor-16 camera and order of modification after a some time.
I think, the first modification will - upgrade of electrical motor on crystal sync speed version, the next- Super 16 modification.

About modify of K-3 camera on Super 16, i don't know.
Krasnogorsk-3, good camera, i love this camera, but, this is amateur cine camera and not more.
And not need wait of professional quality from amateur cine camera.
If you will modify of film gate only with low price, possible, this can be good idea.
Buy to put up money on amateur cine camera... i don't know.

Yes, Kranosgoresk will work at any condition, with cold, heat, rain, dust. This good camera for travel, expedition, in a war zone .

If you will need 35 mm cine camera for shooting in a war zone, i recommend AKS-1 or Konvas cameras.
AKS-1 have mechanical spring motor and work at any condition.
Konvas have fast replace system of film magazines.

Kinor-16 have film magazine system and you will need 1-2 sec for repalce of magazine with film only.
This is camera design for documentary shooting.

Krasnogrosk-3 have M42 screw mount, Kinor-16 have original Kinor-16 lens mount.

Kinor have professional prime and zoom lenses too.
If you wish use of one lenses with Krasnogrosk and Kinor i recommend modify of lens mount of Krasnogorsk on Kinor-16 mount.
Theoretically, possible to think about modify of Kinor-16 on M42 screw mount, but, need make a some calculation. M42 have flange focal distance 45.5 mm, Kinor-16 - 52 mm.
But, lenses of Kinor-16 have more high quality of image.

The multi speed crystal sync speed motor available, abourt video assistance, this must be special design only.

We can discuss of price by my direct e-mail olex@a-teleport.com

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Glidecam

Abel Cine