#1 Terry Mester

Terry Mester
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Other
  • Welland, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

If you still have a few Cartridges of Kodachrome left to develop, rather than spend money on Postage you can get free delivery to Dwayne's Photo via Qualex Photofinishing. Just leave the Cartridge Envelope in a Qualex Envelope at any Store affiliated with Qualex -- including every Wal-Mart Store. Write in the "Special Instructions" that it is a "Kodachrome Super 8mm Cartridge with pre-paid Developing", and tell Dwayne's to return it after developing to Qualex. Qualex will deliver it back to your local Store. Before the Swiss Lab closed, they used to deliver the Cartridges to Kodak, and back to your Store for free. I don't know why the people at Kodak never suggested to all their Kodachrome customers to use Qualex. Not only would they have saved their customers all these postage costs, but they would have saved themselves return postage as well. A lot more Super8 users would have likely been using Kodachrome if they could have saved expensive postage fees. In Canada, minimum parcel postage is an appalling $5.70 including Tax.

#2 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

Qualex

just thought I should say that again in case people didn't get the name ;)

Thanks for the info though :)

#3 James Grahame

James Grahame
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Sound Department
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:18 PM

In Canada, minimum parcel postage is an appalling $5.70 including Tax.

I sent quite a few of Kodak's prepaid bags directly to Switzerland from Canada with only letter mail postage on them. They always got through successfully, perhaps because the bag looks official and extremely small. I think the postal workers thought there was some special arrangement with Kodak. That misconception suited me just fine.

#4 Terry Mester

Terry Mester
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Other
  • Welland, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:34 AM

I sent quite a few of Kodak's prepaid bags directly to Switzerland from Canada with only letter mail postage on them. They always got through successfully,

Wow are you lucky. I checked the new parcel rates, and it is $6.31. I was wondering, has anyone ever had their Film Cartridge get lost in the mail?

#5 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

I sent quite a few of Kodak's prepaid bags directly to Switzerland from Canada with only letter mail postage on them. They always got through successfully, perhaps because the bag looks official and extremely small. I think the postal workers thought there was some special arrangement with Kodak. That misconception suited me just fine.

And yet, if somehow it got lost in translation, there'd be heck to pay!:ph34r:

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

CineTape

Visual Products

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider