#1 Miguel Bunster

Miguel Bunster
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

Hi,
I shot a movie a few months ago in two f900 with primo HD lenses (which are nice) and now we are going back for pickups and production has access to the HDX900 which I shot with before and know from using it some differences specially in the highlight latitude but my questions comes here. I think if the movie just goes to dvd format (no theatrical) that its not an issue, specially when its not shots to cut in to a same scene is a bunch of inserts inter cutting stuff like that. Now in the ultra low chance of going to a film out has any had any experience in comparing this two cameras? and what are your thoughts about it, will the differences be to much on a bigger screen? My first thought is now because a lot of shots or mediums close ups but there are a few exterior landscapes.

Thanks!
Miguel

#2 Miguel Bunster

Miguel Bunster
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:47 PM

no one...?

well another couple things.
HDX900 is 1080 up-res from the 720p. For editing and quality purposes I am planning to use the HDX900 at 1080 23.98p (the f900 was used at 23.98p) so i don't create post issues and as well get the best possible quality out of the camera. Any thoughts what is a good approach to blend the shots as well as possible? I know HDX900 is no F900 but i am stuck in this situation and have done a lot of research just wanted to ask someone who has good knowledge about this.
Thanks!
Miguel

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Glidecam