#1 Dory Breaux DP

Dory Breaux DP
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Fort Bragg, CA

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

Who else on this forum is addicted to making extreme extreme sports movies? Its what I love the most in film making, and I wondered if anyone else shares my passion...?

Later,
Yours in extreme sports cinematography,
Dory

#2 Nicholas Jenkins

Nicholas Jenkins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Student
  • Missoula, MT

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:59 PM

Do you mean like documentary? Or narrative films based on extreme sports? I'm addicted to Mixed Martial Arts (UFC) and wrote and directed a short film about the physical toll of this type of sport. Does that count?

#3 Michael Collier

Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

I got my first steady freelance gigs shooting snowboard and snowmachine (along with skateboard) videos when I was 14. Really helped to expand my abilities in both shooting and editing. There is no angle thats too extreme, no sequence too stressed. Its great. In the end I wanted to tell stories, not just provide a visceral experience. Every now and then I still work on them. If you ever see 'Nice!Gordon' in a skate shop, pick it up. I did the cut scenes between segments.

Funny enough, when your 14, and have grown ups stopping by the house at least once a week to drop off between 400-1000 bucks, your parents start to think your selling drugs pretty quick....mine did.

Extreme sports are great, because usually the camera is just as extreme. I would love to shoot a waren miller some day.

#4 Dory Breaux DP

Dory Breaux DP
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Fort Bragg, CA

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

Yep, that's my dream job, shoot a Warren Miller film. But yea I can see how some parents would think that....

I got my first steady freelance gigs shooting snowboard and snowmachine (along with skateboard) videos when I was 14. Really helped to expand my abilities in both shooting and editing. There is no angle thats too extreme, no sequence too stressed. Its great. In the end I wanted to tell stories, not just provide a visceral experience. Every now and then I still work on them. If you ever see 'Nice!Gordon' in a skate shop, pick it up. I did the cut scenes between segments.

Funny enough, when your 14, and have grown ups stopping by the house at least once a week to drop off between 400-1000 bucks, your parents start to think your selling drugs pretty quick....mine did.

Extreme sports are great, because usually the camera is just as extreme. I would love to shoot a waren miller some day.

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Visual Products

CineTape

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

Abel Cine