#1 Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Other
  • Charleston, SC USA

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

I bought a 75mm PL mount Lomo anamorphic lens from a russian seller on Ebay. I'll be using it on an Arri BLIII and an Arri III high speed. I've just started to become familiar with the lens and it's quirks, (low depth of field, etc.). I noticed that the heavy lens support, besides not usable with Arri rods, is not completely flat on the bottom, but is at an angle. I also noticed that things are at a slight angle looking through the viewfinder at vertical lines. Looking at the front of the lens, the squeezing lens is not 100% vertical. If perfect is 12 o'clock, the squeezer lens is at 11:56. It seems the mount was a little off when attached, this also explains why the heavy lens support is at a slight angle.

I remember there was a thread about this in the past. I see there is a horizontal slot for the mount's screw to adjust. there isn't any way to fix this without removing the mount? Any affordable lens tech recommendations for me?

Thanks for reading this,

Steve zimmerman

#2 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:29 AM

I bought a 75mm PL mount Lomo anamorphic lens from a russian seller on Ebay. I'll be using it on an Arri BLIII and an Arri III high speed. I've just started to become familiar with the lens and it's quirks, (low depth of field, etc.). I noticed that the heavy lens support, besides not usable with Arri rods, is not completely flat on the bottom, but is at an angle. I also noticed that things are at a slight angle looking through the viewfinder at vertical lines. Looking at the front of the lens, the squeezing lens is not 100% vertical. If perfect is 12 o'clock, the squeezer lens is at 11:56. It seems the mount was a little off when attached, this also explains why the heavy lens support is at a slight angle.

I remember there was a thread about this in the past. I see there is a horizontal slot for the mount's screw to adjust. there isn't any way to fix this without removing the mount? Any affordable lens tech recommendations for me?

Thanks for reading this,

Steve zimmerman

At first,
the any adjust operations with anamorphic lens or any spherical lens must do optical technician with experience and tools.
The next question, need full name of lens.
I think, you have problem with horizontal adjust of anamorphic components of lens.
The russian anamoprhic lenses with round front glass have good possibility to do all type of adjusting.
I will ask you send picture of lens to my e-mail and i hope give you instructions.

#3 Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Other
  • Charleston, SC USA

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:26 AM

At first,
the any adjust operations with anamorphic lens or any spherical lens must do optical technician with experience and tools.
The next question, need full name of lens.
I think, you have problem with horizontal adjust of anamorphic components of lens.
The russian anamoprhic lenses with round front glass have good possibility to do all type of adjusting.
I will ask you send picture of lens to my e-mail and i hope give you instructions.

Thanks for the reply, :D

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the lens is a Lomo 35 BAC23-2 F=75mm
Thanks for the offer Olex, I sent you an email to the a-teleport.com address.
I also sent an e-mail to Slow Motion in L.A.

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks